UOAC Ostomy Youth Camp Information
UOAC Ostomy Youth Camp Mission Statement
- To provide an opportunity for young people aged 9-18 with consideration to emotional growth and maturity, who have ostomies or other special related needs (intermittent catheterisation; urinary or bowel incontinence; internal pouch; Crohn's disease or Ulcerative Colitis), to attend camp and participate in camp activities under professional supervision
- Provide formal/informal education on:
- anatomy and physiology
- self esteem and coping
- Encourage independence and self confidence with personal care and camp activities
- Provide individual ET and UOAC counselling on physical and psychosocial needs
- formal/informal education sessions
- camp out
- outdoor recreation
- arts and crafts
- rap sessions
WHEN: Camp dates for 2013 are July 1-6
WHERE: Camp Horizon, Bragg Creek Alberta (southwest of Calgary)
WHO: Children between the ages 9 - 18 who have had or who will have bowel or bladder diversionary surgery or who have related special needs (i.e. self catheterization, bowel and bladder incontinence), due to birth defects, trauma or disease (e.g. Crohn's disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Cancer, Spina Bifida).
COST: Registration fee is $570.00/child plus airfare (transportation to and from camp, room and board are included)
CONTACT: UOAC office at email@example.com
or phone 403-680-9551
APPLICATION FORMS: Available upon request from UOAC office at firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: June 1, 2013
Your chapter can sponsor a child to camp and give him or her an unforgettable experience. Talal, a first time camper in 2003 said "If I were to rate camp as a 1 to 10, having 10 as the highest, I would give it a 20!!"
Click here to see more photos.