Join Ostomy Canada Society
Become a Member of a Chapter or Peer Support Group or Become a National Supporter
Your support is vital to our organization in our efforts to:
- Build Public Awareness of the needs of people living with an ostomy.
- Advocate for increases in public funding of ostomy supplies.
- Celebrate the success of ostomy procedures through an annual Ostomy Day and Stoma Stroll Awareness Walk.
- Sponsor an annual Youth Camp for young people living with an ostomy.
- Help train and maintain a data base of visitors who make hospital and home visits to people living with an ostomy.
- Support groups such as the Member Chapters, 20/40 Group, Ostomy Canada Parents Group, Spouses and Significant Others (SASO) and online discussion groups.
- Keep you informed of the latest advances in ostomy products.
- Communicate with health care providers such as hospitals, surgeons, and ETs about the pre and post-surgical needs of people living with an ostomy.
- Publish Ostomy Canada Magazine and information brochures and pamphlets.
- Fund an Award Program for nurses wanting to become ETs
- Fund an Award Program for people living with an ostomy pursuing Post-Secondary education.
- Maintain modern, up to date communication through emailed newsletters, an Ostomy Canada Society web site, blogs, and links to numerous social media sites.
- Share Best Practices through a National Office, Chapter Outreach Support, Conferences and Chapter Information Sessions
How Can I Join?
Find your local chapter on our map and contact them via email or phone for more information regarding membership (dues vary from chapter to chapter)
Members of chapters receive a subscription to Ostomy Canada Magazine, in addition to 4 issues/year of the newsletter Ostomy Canada Connects.
National Supporters receive:
- Subscription to Ostomy Canada Magazine
- a tax receipt for a donation of $30
- 4 issues/year of our newsletter Ostomy Canada Connects
Three Easy Ways to Become a National Supporter:
- Complete the Membership form below and choose National Supporter in the Member Type dropdown box.
- Mail the completed membership form to the address on the form, along with a cheque for $30.00 (French version of membership form here)
- Fax the completed membership form including credit card information to 1-416-595-9924 (French version of membership form here)