There’s a new requirement this year as part of the camp registration process.
BOTH Ostomy Canada Society applications AND self-registration on the Easter Seals site are NECESSARY.
Ostomy Canada Society Camp Applications MUST be filled out (as per usual).
Parents are also required to access the Easter Seals website and complete online registration.
The link to register on the Easter Seals website is: https://eastersealscamphorizon.campbrainregistration.com/
Please refer to the camp app package for step by step procedure.
Please note, there are a few quirks on the Easterseals website website
you should be aware of:
- For any camper over 18, you will need to ‘fudge’ their birthdate (make their birthdate a year later). The camper’s age will be corrected later. This will enable a menu to pop up with a listing of all camps for children and youth (rather than a listing of camps for adults)
- The camp is referred as Camp Canada (Osto). You need to scroll down to the bottom of the page. (The dates are Sunday July 7 to Friday July 12)
- Dates for immunizations can be ‘an estimate’, so you don’t have to go searching through your camper’s medical records.
- When you are asked to select a Payment Option, please select ‘Payment by Cheque’ IF your camper is being sponsored by a chapter or OCS. This will allow you to complete the registration process.
- However, do not mail Easter Seals a cheque. Your chapter or OCS will make the payment as per usual.
- If you are fully paying for your child, proceed as directly on the website.
- There IS A FUND raising requirement – see the payment options in your application package.
A link has been added to the Ostomy Canada Society website.
If you are a chapter and wish to pay for the campers who you are sponsoring, you may do so at: https://www.ostomycanada.ca/ostomy-youth-camp/#1554669923026-442de322-ef4f