The Ostomy Grant Program in Ontario
- Persons who have had surgery resulting in a temporary ostomy
- Persons who reside in chronic care hospitals or the Ministry of Community and Social Services residential facilities or Ministry of Health facilities, as these facilities provide ostomy supplies to their residents.
- Persons receiving financial assistance for their ostomy supplies from the Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB) or Group A Veterans.
- Every two years, ADP sends a renewal form to be filled out in full. Promptly fill it out to continue receiving the grant. Failure to notify ADP of address, name or bank changes, or loss of OHIP card will result in a delay of payment. It is very important to send in the renewal promptly. OTHER RESOURCES
Private insurance plans may cover overages from what ADP pays. Check with your insurance company regarding reimbursement for your additional costs. Please keep all receipts to verify costs.
- Veterans Affairs can be contacted for a Veteran’s coverage.
Good luck and welcome to Ontario, Canada.
Jo-Ann L. Tremblay
THE OSTOMY FACTOR Blog – joannltremblay.wordpress.com
FACEBOOK – Author Jo-Ann L. Tremblay
Author of “The Self-Coaching Toolbox” , “Better With A Bag Than In A Bag” , “Another BAG Another DAY”, “BAGs Around the World”, Why Buttercup Wears a BAG!”, “The Sibs Gang Cave of the Golden Heart”
amazon.com, amazon.ca, amazon.co.uk
Member OstomyCanada /Medical Lifestyle Advisory Committee Member- Ostomy Lifestyle Expert
Member Arteast – www.arteastottawa.com