Ostomy Canada Society provides a wealth of information and community-driven content through its newsletter, “Connects.” Whether you’re a new subscriber or a regular reader, understanding the features and options available can enhance your reading experience. This guide will walk you through the process of accessing and navigating the newsletter, ensuring you make the most out of this valuable resource.
Accessing the Newsletter #
To start reading the Ostomy Canada newsletter, locate the “Read Now” button on the website. Clicking this button will open the newsletter either in full-screen mode on your computer or in a new tab on your phone or tablet.
Navigating on a Computer #
If you’re reading the newsletter on a computer, you’ll encounter a control panel at the bottom of the screen. This control panel includes various buttons to facilitate your reading experience.
- A (Toggle Thumbnails): Show or hide the thumbnail dock, which displays thumbnails for all the pages in the document.
- B (Zoom In): Zoom into the current page for a closer look.
- C (Zoom Out): Zoom out of the current page for a broader view.
- D (Full Screen): View the current page in full-screen mode for an immersive experience.
- E (Share): Open the Share Publication dialog, providing options to copy the document URL for email sharing or share it on Facebook.
- F (Embed): Copy the code needed to embed the output on your site.
- G (Download PDF): Download a PDF version of the newsletter. Please note that the downloaded PDF may not support interactive features.
Downloading PDF and Browser Settings #
After clicking the “Download PDF” button, your browser settings will determine the subsequent actions.
- PDF Opening in Browser: The downloaded PDF may open in your web browser. Look for an option, usually in the upper right-hand corner, to download the file to your computer. Save the file and open it in Adobe Acrobat for the best experience.
- Configuring Browser Settings: If the PDF opens in your browser and you prefer to use Adobe Acrobat, configure your browser settings accordingly. This ensures a seamless transition to Acrobat, where interactive features may be better supported.
Bookmarking and Troubleshooting #
While it’s possible to bookmark the downloaded PDF, keep in mind that hyperlinks may be periodically updated. If you encounter any issues, consider revisiting the Ostomy Canada website (https://www.ostomycanada.ca/connects-newsletter/) and repeating the process to ensure access to the latest content.
By following these steps, you’ll be well-equipped to navigate the Ostomy Canada newsletter and access the wealth of information it provides. Happy reading!