Ostomy Canada Benefit Finder
- A national network of community ostomy support groups;
- Financial assistance to attend Camp Horizon in Alberta;
- The Shane Banfield Memorial Fund to offer financial assistance to attend camp for children with bladder issue caused by a birth defect, cancer, or a motor vehicle accident;
- Post-secondary student award of $1000 for qualified applicants;
- NSWOC nurses award of $1500 for successful completion of NSWOCC ETNEP training;
- Assistance in applying for the Disability Tax Credit;
- Support through the Visitor Program;
- Participation in special interest groups such as Parents of Children with Ostomies, SASO, etc.
- Access to an ET/NSWOC for regular checkups with your stoma system. (Find an ET/NSWOC link below).
- Access to a physiotherapist that knows about perineal and/or abdominal surgery and exercises to strengthen those areas. Ottawa Ostomy Support has a great file here. Saskatoon Ostomy Association has a great file here.
Find Your Local Chapter or Support Group
Located throughout Canada, face to face chapters or support group meetings provide support, understanding and share information.
Find a NSWOC
Our friends over at Nurses Specialized In Wound, Ostomy And Continence Canada [NSWOCC] (formerly called The Canadian Association for Enterostomal Therapy (CAET)) have renamed their new program on their website. It was formerly called “Find An ET Nurse” and is now called “Find a NSWOC“. Click on the image to the left or link here to go to their site.
Gutsy Gang Social Club