Ostomy Canada Benefit Finder
- A national network of community ostomy support groups;
- Financial assistance to attend Camp Horizon in Alberta;
- The Shane Banfield Memorial Fund to offer financial assistance to attend camp for children with bladder issue caused by a birth defect, cancer, or a motor vehicle accident;
- Post-secondary student award of $1000 for qualified applicants;
- NSWOC nurses award of $1500 for successful completion of CAET ETNEP training;
- Assistance in applying for the Disability Tax Credit;
- Support through the Visitor Program;
- Participation in special interest groups such as Parents of Children with Ostomies, SASO, etc.
- Access to an ET/NSWOC for regular checkups with your stoma system. (Find an ET/NSWOC link below).
- Access to a physiotherapist that knows about perineal and/or abdominal surgery and exercises to strengthen those areas. Ottawa Ostomy Support has a great file here. Saskatoon Ostomy Association has a great file here.
Find Your Local Chapter or Support Group
Located throughout Canada, face to face chapter or support group meetings provide support, understanding and share information.
Awards Program – (Formerly called Bursary Program)
Find a NSWOC
Our friends over at Nurses Specialized In Wound, Ostomy And Continence Canada [NSWOCC] (formerly called The Canadian Association for Enterostomal Therapy (CAET)) have renamed their new program on their website. It was formerly called "Find An ET Nurse" and is now called "Find a NSWOC". Click on the image to the left or link here to go to their site.
Gutsy Gang Social Club
Parents of Children with an Ostomy
Connect with other parents of children who have an ostomy. Join their Facebook group here.